Insight & Planning Specialist, UK
Job Title: Insight & Planning Specialist, UK
Reporting to: Head of Strategic Insight & Planning
Grade: Overseas Specialist
Salary Scale: The Scale for this Grade is £53,777 - £66,101; with Long Service increments of LSI1: £68,084 & LSI2: £70,807. New Entrants to the Public Sector commence on the first point of the Scale
As part of the Strategic Insights & Planning (SI&P) Division be responsible for implementing and proactively managing insight programmes for the UK market, while acting as an insight expert to drive value for Bord Bia’s clients and build relationships with key customers. Deliver actionable insight that has the power to drive brand growth and foster innovation.
London, United Kingdom
Key Organisational Relationships:
SI&P, London Office, Sector and Global Business Development (GBD) teams, Origin Green team, Directors
Key External Relationships:
Consumer and market research agencies, trends and foresight agencies, innovation specialists, client companies, customers and State Agencies
- Distil and embed trends, market and consumer knowledge into simple, clear actionable implications for client companies and key customers.
- Nurture and build relationships with SI&P, Sectors, GBD and Overseas office teams to create a consistent approach to the dissemination of insights (consumer, market etc.) across the organisation.
- Partner with companies on market insight, particularly Kantar and Nielsen, to disseminate findings and embed learnings within client companies.
- Manage allocated budgets efficiently in accordance with organisational policy and procedure to ensure value for money is delivered and all internal and statutory governance commitments are met by the required deadlines.
- Deliver insight programme elements to individual client companies and key customers, embed the learnings and help the client absorb and act on the findings from trends and insight projects.
- Develop the successful delivery of consumer and market insight and trends projects on time and within budget, and ensure further dissemination once projects are finalised and published.
- Develop innovative insight proposals to build Bord Bia’s reputation.
- Assist with publicising and sharing Bord Bia’s insight, trends, branding and innovation programmes amongst the client base to further extend take up and usage.
- Develop and maintain accurate insight presentations for the London office.
- Assist clients in the usage of branding and innovation tools developed by Bord Bia
- Identify and leverage market data sources to facilitate and support strategic market development activities for Bord Bia and its client companies.
- Constantly review the appropriateness of secondary sources in accurately delivering insights.
- Represent Bord Bia at assigned events, conferences etc. and make presentations on behalf of the SI&P Division and London office.
- Degree level qualification in relevant discipline e.g. Marketing.
- 3+ years’ experience in market research and consumer insight
- Understanding and knowledge of the Irish consumer food, drinks and horticulture sector
- Adept at all types of consumer research and consumer panel data
- Experience in facilitating ideation and creative workshops
- Proven experience in developing relationships with colleagues, senior executives, suppliers, senior marketing teams
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to influence client companies and colleagues
- Ability to professionally represent and negotiate on behalf of Bord Bia
- Strong project planning and management skills with the ability to coordinate resources and deliver results proactively with limited supervision
- Supplier management skills
Closing Date: Friday, 5 November 2021, 5:00pm (GMT)