Senior Manager, Prepared Consumer Foods
Job Title: Senior Manager, Prepared Consumer Foods
Reporting to: Meat, Food & Beverage Director
Job Purpose: To enable prepared consumer food companies to deliver on their commercial ambitions.
The role will drive the development and execution of Bord Bia’s strategy for prepared consumer food, small business and entrepreneurship. The role must ensure Bord Bia maintains a deep understanding of PCF and Small Business client needs in terms of business development and that these are fully reflected in the delivery of impactful Bord Bia Supports for all client groups. A key component of the role is the ongoing capturing and sharing of sectoral insights both with clients and colleagues.
Key Organisational Relationships:
Meat, Food & Beverage Director, Sectors, Global Business Development, Strategic Insights & Planning, Origin Green, Marketing & Communications and HR Teams, Main & Subsidiary Boards
Key External Relationships:
Prepared consumer food client companies, Small business companies, DAFM, Support organisations including FDII, SFA, Teagasc, Enterprise Ireland, LEO’s, CAIS etc. Trade customers, consultants and service providers.
1. Act as the voice of prepared consumer food companies within Bord Bia.
2. Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and stakeholders to ensure a deep understanding of their commercial ambitions and capabilities is embedded in the team and across the organisation. Through working with colleagues utilise this knowledge to shape the supports offered to client companies to ensure they deliver maximum impact.
3. Manage and deliver the ongoing capture of client needs and reflect these in the development and execution of cross functional Bord Bia client plans. Ensure plans are reviewed on a bi-annual basis.
4. Working with other client facing teams, ensure a clear support plan is in place for all PCF and Small Business client companies.
5. Develop and deliver robust sector strategies for PCF and Small Business that reflect Bord Bia’s three and 10 year strategic focus.
6. Through working with the Client Engagement Manager and Client Engagement Group continuously review the service and support suite for prepared consumer food companies to ensure it is in line with Bord Bia’s strategy and the needs of clients.
7. Lead the team to build and maintain deep sector and category knowledge & insights. Deliver a dissemination plan to ensure this knowledge and insight is shared with clients and stakeholders.
8. Working with the Strategic Insights & Planning Team drive the insights agenda for PCF and Small Business and ensure the team are equipped to deliver the ‘so what’ for clients from each Insights study.
9. In conjunction with the Global Business Development team, plan and deliver the targeted number of business development opportunities for PCF clients and maximise opportunities presented by insights findings.
10. To ensure a comprehensive programme of in market learning for clients through market study visits, trade missions and participation at key Trade Shows.
11. Work with the Capability, Innovation and Brand Development teams to address identified client needs in these areas.
12. Manage allocated budgets efficiently in accordance with organisational policy and procedure to ensure value for money is delivered and all internal and statutory governance commitments are met by the required deadlines.
13. To ensure Bord Bia’s leadership position and expertise for route to market and sector competency development.
- To motivate the delivery of business development & lead generation opportunities for client companies through Bord Bia activities such as PCF Accelerate, Marketplace, Trade Fairs, Inward Buyer Visits and Bloom.
- To drive the agenda for continuous improve training & development programmes such as Food Works, Food Academy, Grow with Aldi and Lidl Kickstart.
- To pro-actively liaise and co-ordinate client activity with the capability, global business development, insights, talent, events, Origin Green and support teams.
- Lead client recruitment by the team for relevant Bord Bia services, programmes, trade fairs, events etc.
- To identify the training needs of the team and work with the Client Engagement Manager and Talent to ensure the delivery of suitable training.
- To co-ordinate required support to the grant funding process around MAP & Step Change
- To contribute to policy development at strategic, Consumer Food Board, Main Board and Prepared Consumer Foods stakeholder level through position papers and policy proposals for prepared consumer foods.
- Motivate and manage reporting staff and ensuring their development through coaching, training and opportunities to develop their skills and implement their objectives.
- Build and maintain strong cross functional relationships within Bord Bia to develop and maintain synergies with other teams.
- Build and maintain strong external relationships with sister agencies working in the food sector to drive Bord Bia’s corporate agenda and to oversee the delivery of the highest level of marketing supports and services to our clients in the prepared consumer food sector.
- Develop annual plans and budgets, with detailed supporting rational.
Closing Date: This has been extended until Friday, 6 August 2021 @ 5:00pm (GMT+1)
Salary Scale: The Scale for this Grade is €76,034 - €89,923; with Long Service increments of LSI1: £92,743 & LSI2: €95,554.
New Entrants to the Public Sector commence on the first point of the Scale