Market Specialist, Middle East
MARKET SPECIALIST Middle East
Job Title: Market Specialist Middle East
Reporting to: Manager Middle East
Job Purpose: To support the Bord Bia Manager for the Middle East in the development, implementation and measurement of Bord Bia’s services and activities in line with Bord Bia’s three- and ten-year strategies.
Key Organisational Relationships:
Manager Bord Bia Middle East, Regional Manager Africa, Asia, Middle East & Russia, Director of Global Business Development, Sector Managers, Global Relationship Manager, Director Strategic Planning, Origin Green team, Strategic Insights team and the Marketing & Communications team and Market Specialist peers in the other markets.
Key External Relationships:
Irish Department of Agriculture officials, Irish Department of Foreign Affairs Middle East representatives, Irish producers and other Irish industry stakeholders (including the farming community), key local importers, distributors and customers, industry representative bodies, third party agencies and consultants, local trade media and key opinion leaders.
1. To contribute to the development and annual review of Bord Bia’s strategy implementation plan in the Middle East.
2. To identify new opportunities through lead generation and routes to markets opportunities.
3. To develop and deliver innovative trade and consumer promotions to build awareness and preference for Irish food and drink.
4. To support the development of strong strategic partnerships between Irish exporters and their customers.
5. To deliver client services (e.g. market information and activation) that are instrumental in the growth of Irish food and drink exports to the Middle East as defined in the local market strategy implementation plan.
6. To proactively maintain and build a network of trade contacts for sectors across all channels and in various roles (notably buyers, innovation & marketing teams, Sustainability teams) within identified key accounts, to increase the awareness of Ireland’s sustainable food and drink supply base and build the reputation of the Irish food industry with key end customers, importers and other stakeholders in the Middle East.
7. To localise and implement effective communication tools in line with Bord Bia’s strategy to ensure optimum reach for Bord Bia’s trade messaging on industry capabilities and our unique sustainability credentials, and Bord Bia’s consumer messaging on our unique product attributes in relevant priority sectors via local PR and consumer media buying.
8. To become a Middle East market insights expert, collating and disseminating relevant and timely market and sector information to client companies, and to share knowledge with colleagues in line with best practice set out by The Bord Bia Thinking House.
1. Contribute to the sustainable development of Irish food and drink client companies’ local commercial marketing strategies & implementation plans in partnership with the sectors and insights teams.
2. Help clients through building and managing relationships with the right internal & external stakeholders, including sales teams, agency partners, buyers, merchandisers, distributors or media etc., as well as measuring their impact in order to correct & optimise them where needed.
3. Co-ordinate offline and online Irish food promotions and social media marketing (both B2B and B2C) to raise awareness of Irish food and Irish industry capability.
4. Contribute to organisation of trade missions and other market study visits involving Irish government and company delegates.
5. Set the standard for how clients should engage with their key accounts in the Middle East; actively fostering stronger commercially focused relationships between clients and the trade through key account management, mentoring and wider networking events, including local trade fairs and inward buyer visits.
6. Become an expert in market insights for the Middle East region in priority channels and sectors by attending local industry conferences, reading and analysing local industry trade journals, research and reports; and disseminating this information in line with the Bord Bia Thinking House best practice to grow categories exponentially in partnership with the Irish food and drink industry.
7. Proactively identify, meet and establish relationships with existing customers in the Middle East as well as seeking to grow the office’s network of key trade influencers (including media), channel partners and decision makers.
8. Seek out speaking opportunities for Bord Bia to present Origin Green and position Ireland’s unique sustainability credentials at key industry seminars and forums in the region and actively engage and participate in sustainability debates with key opinion leaders in the market.
9. Play an active role in the development and selection of client assignments or customer placements appropriate for Bord Bia Fellowship programme, Origin Green Ambassador Programme and Retail Supply Chain programme for the Middle East. Managing and coaching of programme participants and host or sponsor companies and partnering with the Talent Development Manager to advocate our Talent Academy.
10. Propose and implement multiannual plans in line with job description, strategic objectives, market growth priorities and allocated resources.
11. Manage allocated budgets efficiently in accordance with organisational policy and procedure to ensure value for money is delivered and all internal and statutory governance commitments are met by the required deadlines.
- Degree level qualification in relevant discipline, e.g. Business, Marketing.
- Specialisation in international marketing and or food marketing an advantage.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies e.g. Marketing Institute or other appropriate bodies is advantageous.
- 3+ years’ experience operating in an export marketing, sales or business development role in the Middle East or another international market.
- Experience and knowledge of the food and drink industry, particularly the Irish food, drink and horticulture sector an advantage.
- Experience building and distilling market insights.
- Successful implementation of trade marketing campaigns, including instore activation, event management, trade PR and advertising and social media community management.
- Proven experience operating professionally in different cultures.
- Strong results driven KPI culture; budget management experience
- Fluent written and spoken English, Arabic an advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong verbal and report writing ability in English.
- Highly tuned influencing and negotiating skills adapted to the local culture.
- Proven organisational skills and practical application of project management tools and techniques.
- Proficient business use of the full Microsoft suite, social media online monitoring tools, Salesforce CRM and video conferencing tools.
Closing Date: Friday, 24th September 2021, 5:00pm (GMT+1)