Title: Accounts Officer
Report to: Accounts Manager
To ensure accurate posting and reporting of relevant financial information for our overseas offices and overseas creditors. Management of overseas creditor payments.
Key Organisational Relationships:
Accounts Manager, Financial Controller, Finance Team, Overseas Offices
Key External Relationships:
Creditors, Banks, Auditors and Accounts software suppliers.
- Liaising with overseas offices to ensure accurate and timely posting of overseas creditor invoices for payment.
- Preparation of payment runs for overseas creditors.
- Management of funds in overseas bank accounts to cover payments.
- Posting of accounts from overseas offices to general ledger
- Ensuring the accuracy of accounting information for overseas offices
- Ensuring the staff in overseas offices have adequate access to and training on accounting systems.
- Manage allocated budgets efficiently in accordance with organisational policy and procedure to ensure value for money is delivered and all internal and statutory governance commitments are met by the required deadlines.
- Daily cash flow monitoring and transferring funds to cover debit positions as appropriate
- Performing full overseas creditors reconciliation and liaising with creditors to minimise discrepancies
- Preparation of month end reports for overseas creditor accounts
- Updating payment spreadsheets for all accounts and posting same at month end.
- Convert all overseas imprests (summary of payments with invoices attached) to euro. Input, code and post journals on sun system.
- Confirm invoices to imprests, and liaise with overseas offices to validate and ensure the invoices are coded correctly.
- Prepare general journal adjustments to nominal ledger if differences occur on imprests.
- Processing overseas invoices through purchase ordering system (IPOS) for approval.
- Liaising with banks to set up new bank accounts as required.
- Management of access to online banking systems for finance team members and bank signatories.
- Ensuring smooth running of e-banking systems and entering bank details to system.
- Assist with other adhoc accounts payable functions as required.
- Perform Tasks as assigned by Accounts Manager
Degree or diploma level qualification in relevant discipline, e.g. Business, Accountancy etc. desirable.
- 3 + years’ experience operating in a finance, book keeping or accountancy role. Public Sector experience would be an advantage.
- Proven record of working independently in a financial administration role.
- Proven experience of building credible professional relationships with stakeholders and customers.
- Proven experience operating professionally in different cultures
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong verbal ability to explain financial terms and procedures to non-finance personnel.
- Strong administration skills with proven ability to organise and complete tasks in an efficient, methodical and organised manner.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft office
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload.
Salary Scale: The Scale for this Grade is €31,742 - €50,575; with Long Service increments of LSI1: €52,233 & LSI2: €53,887.
New Entrants to the Public Sector commence on the first point of the Scale
Closing Date: 22 October 2021 @ 5:00pm (GMT+1)