Market Specialist, Japan
Title: Market Specialist, Japan
Reporting to: Market Manager, South East Asia
To assist the Bord Bia SE Asia Manager in the development, implementation and measurement of Bord Bia’s client support services, to build and deliver sustainable business lead conversions for Irish food and drink exporters in the sectors of strategic priority in Japan and South Korea.
Key Organisational Relationships
Manager Bord Bia South East Asia; Regional Markets Manager; Global Business Development Director; Food & Beverage Sector Managers, Global Relationship Manager, Industry Talent Manager, Director Meat, Food & Beverage, Origin Green team, Strategic Insights team and the Marketing and Communications team.
Key External Relationships
Bord Bia client companies, key local importers, distributors and customers, industry representative bodies, third party agencies and consultants, local trade media and key opinion leaders, Embassy of Ireland and other government officials.
- To contribute to the development and annual review of Bord Bia’s strategy implementation plan in SE Asia.
- To deliver Bord Bia business development services and strategic projects/events to drive the growth of Irish food and drink exports to SE Asia as defined in the local market strategy implementation plan.
- To become a regional market insights expert, collating and disseminating relevant and timely market and sector information to Irish client companies.
- To proactively build a network of SE Asia trade contacts in priority sectors across all channels and in various roles (notably buyers, R&D specialists, marketing teams, C-suite decision makers) within identified key accounts to increase the awareness of Ireland’s sustainable food and drink supply base and build the reputation of the Irish food industry with key buyers, importers and other stakeholders in the region.
- To localise effective communication tools and oversee implementation campaigns in line with Bord Bia guidelines to ensure optimum impact for Bord Bia’s trade messaging on dairy and other industry capabilities.
- To become a regional market insights expert, collating and disseminating relevant and timely market and sector information, partnering with client companies and to share best practice knowledge with colleagues.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Irish food and drink client companies’ local commercial marketing strategies in partnership with the sectors and insights teams.
- Support clients through building and managing relationships with the right internal & external stakeholders (sales teams, agency partners, buyers, merchandisers, distributors, media etc.), as well as measuring their impact in order to correct & optimise them where needed.
- Implement best practice when engaging with key accounts in SE Asia, actively fostering stronger commercially focused relationships between clients and the trade through peer-to-peer key account management, mentoring and wider networking events, including local trade fairs and inward buyer visits.
- Actively encourage Irish food and drink exporters to consider business opportunities in Japan and Korea by organising market study visits to the region and managing the implementation of Bord Bia Talent Academy assignments where relevant.
- Proactively identify, meet and establish relationships with existing and prospective local customers for Irish food and drink products in priority sectors as well as seeking to grow the office’s network of key trade influencers (including media).
- Develop a panel of local trade experts who can act as business accelerators and mentors to support the SE Asia team on specific projects, campaigns and events.
- Seek out speaking opportunities for Bord Bia to present Origin Green and position Ireland’s unique sustainability credentials at key industry seminars and forums in Japan and Korea.
- Manage allocated budgets efficiently in accordance with organisational policy and procedure to ensure value for money is delivered and all internal and statutory governance commitments are met by the required deadlines.
- Propose and implement multiannual plans in line with job description, strategic objectives, market growth priorities and allocated resources.
- Degree level qualification in relevant discipline, e.g. Business, Marketing, Food Science desirable.
- 3 + years’ experience operating in an export marketing, sales or business development role in Ireland, Britain or international markets
- Successful implementation of high profile marketing/business development events or projects
- Knowledge of the Irish Food, Drink and Horticulture sector
- Proven record of working independently in an export market
- Proven experience of building credible professional relationships with suppliers, trade customers, media, diplomats and politicians both in Ireland and in international markets
- Proven experience operating professionally in different cultures
- Experience building and communicating market insights
- Strong results driven KPI culture; budget management experience
- Ability to conduct business in Japanese and/or Korean language is highly advantageous
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong verbal and report writing ability
- Highly tuned influencing and negotiating skills adapted to the local culture
- Proficient business use of the full Microsoft 2013 suite, social and Word Press content management tools and Google Analytics and social media online monitoring tools
- Proven organisational skills and practical application of project management tools and techniques
Please Note: This is a local overseas position
Closing Date: Friday, 5 November 2021, 5:00pm (GMT)