Healthy Eating Programme Executive
Job Title: Healthy Eating (Food Dudes) Programme Executive
Reporting to: Director of Horticulture & Farmer Engagement
To support the Director of Horticulture & Farmer Engagement in the implementation and administrating of the Food Dudes Programme
Key Organisational Relationships:
Horticulture Division, Finance Division, Marketing Team, Origin Green Team & Wider Sectors teams.
Key External Relationships:
Department of Agriculture, Food & Marine (Food Division), Programme service providers, Dept. of Health & Children, Dept. of Education & Skills, Healthy Ireland, Agriaware.
- Input into the planning of the roll out of the programme each school year in conjunction with the various service providers
- Manage the Food Dudes Programme service providers and liaising on issues that arise during the running of the various school blocks
- Liaison with the Department of Agriculture, Food & Marine on implementation of the programme (including responding to various queries as they routinely arise)
- Preparing various claims for submission to DAFM in conjunction with Bord Bia Finance Department
- Preparing reports/statistics for DAFM as required
- Inputting and supporting the programme evaluations
- Manage allocated budgets efficiently in accordance with organisational policy and procedure to ensure value for money is delivered and all internal and statutory governance commitments are met by the required deadlines.
This role includes:
- Procuring services/tendering
- Strategy planning for school years
- Overseeing service providers activity across the programme
- Liaison with Bangor University
- Liaison with the various stakeholders (Dept. of Education/Health etc.)
- Budgeting, coordination of claims drawdown and working with the Bord Bia Finance Dept.
- Preparing documentation/reports
- Managing pilot testing of any new elements/initiatives with DAFM, Bangor University and service providers involved
- Overseeing/coordinating with service provider evaluations when required.
- Inputting into the Food Dudes website with the service provider in terms of its development/maintenance
- In collaboration with Bord Bia Marketing & Communications, develop an effective annual communication/PR strategy for the programme for the target audience and wider population where relevant
- Giving presentations on the programme to interested groups/visitors/stakeholders
- Supporting & coordinating Food Dudes presence at Bord Bia Bloom
- Managing student queries on the programme as they arise.
- Inputting and supporting other primary & secondary school initiatives that Bord Bia engage with.
- Qualifications: Degree level qualification in relevant discipline e.g. Business, Marketing, Science, Communications, Agri-Business, Education etc. desirable.
- 3-5 years' relevant experience implementing and administering programmes
- Demonstrable experience of managing 3rd parties
- Knowledge of education sector advantageous
The Scale for this Grade is €44,259 - €60,874; with Long Service increments of LSI1: €63,062 & LSI2: €65,246.
New Entrants to the Public Sector commence on the first point of the Scale
Please Note: This position is advertised as a 2 year Specific Purpose Contract
Closing Date: Friday, 5 November, 2021 @ 5:00pm (GMT)