Director – Meat, Dairy, PCF, Seafood & Beverages (Sectors)
Director – Meat, Dairy, PCF, Seafood & Beverages (Sectors)
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Salary & Grade:
The salary scale for this role is €98,901 - €115,329 (LSI1 €119,023, LSI2 €122,713).
New Entrants to the Public Sector commence on the first point of the Scale.
To provide inspiring leadership to the industry and Bord Bia by leveraging powerful market insight and sectoral understanding to drive strategy development and successful business growth at a sectoral level. The purpose is to lead the future development of the Irish Food, Drink and Horticulture industry by applying this market and sectoral perspective on behalf of Bord Bia to ensure that we support our client companies and stakeholders in their commercial ambitions. Ensuring the Bord Bia organisation including its 13+ international offices to further enhance the culture of putting the client at the heart of its strategy and key decision making.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure the voice of the client is central to Bord Bia strategy and planning; the organisation maintains an in-depth understanding of client and stakeholder needs to shape ongoing supports and services.
- Develop and implement clear sectoral priorities for meat, dairy, prepared consumer foods, seafood and drink that can help the industry deliver on its commercial ambitions.
- Proactively lead the development and prioritisation of client engagement strategies and work with other Senior Leadership Team (SLT) leads to ensure impactful Bord Bia supports are available to clients and other stakeholders consistently.
- Ensure that Bord Bia retains an-depth sectoral knowledge at all times which is effectively shared with all stakeholders on a regular basis for effective business planning.
- Responsible for leading the Sectors Department; co-creating, executing and measuring the success of supports for clients proficiently to enhance Bord Bia’s position within the industry.
- Build and foster relationships with all relevant clients and stakeholders; manage ongoing engagement, particularly through Bord Bia’s board infrastructure to help ensure a solid platform exists to co-ordinate and implement sectoral input into strategy and plans.
- Working with other SLT leads ensure that Bord Bia develops and implements strong support programmes to help the sector overcome specific challenges such as Brexit.
- Actively contribute to the successful operation of the SLT through challenging discussions; articulating insights and learnings from our client engagement.
- Manage and implement the ongoing client engagement programme.
- Capture, collate and share client needs on an ongoing basis to ensure that they inform the nature and shape of Bord Bia supports.
- Oversee the development and implementation of cross functional client plans; ensuring clear support plans are in place for all clients.
- Manage the investment in sectoral knowledge by the team and lead the delivery of a strong dissemination programme around insights and intelligence with all stakeholders.
- Continuously build and maintain relationships with relevant clients and stakeholders through ongoing board consultation, regular meetings and participation at relevant conferences.
- Manage the design and delivery of comprehensive annual plans by sub sector that reflect the strategic direction of Bord Bia; consulting with key stakeholders, the board and clients to ensure they are focused on the delivery of their commercial ambitions
- Manage and allocate human resources within the department; regularly reviewing roles and team structures, dealing with resourcing issues and ensuring a positive working environment.
- Lead and implement Bord Bia’s People Performance Management System; setting objectives and measures and including the identification of strategic, departmental and individual training needs using the Bord Bia competencies.
- Oversee organisational programmes and initiatives such as Retailer Programmes and Food Works using a rigorous design process, setting clear objectives and measures whilst operating tight budget management processes.
- Drive support for organisational initiatives through active industry consultation and representation, such as Origin Green and Talent Academy.
- Represent Bord Bia at appropriate national and international fora to position the Irish food, drink and horticulture sector positively and raise the awareness of Ireland as a Food and Drink nation, as well as its capabilities in the insight and innovation area.
- Represent Bord Bia as required through media and conference participation.
- Identification of departmental and individual training needs and work with the Human Resources Director to deliver training programmes as required.
- Operate progressive budget management and procurement procedures ensuring value for money with all expenditures.
- Leadership and people management experience with a track record of delivering results.
- An understanding and knowledge of best practice in business development and planning in the food sector.
- Developing and implementing corporate and/or marketing strategies within specified timelines and budget.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Capable of connecting with the leadership team to support, influence and drive the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Possesses strong leadership, judgement, change management and influencing skills.
- Enthusiasm, ambition, energy and drive to achieve superior standards while establishing confidence, credibility and respect with staff and stakeholders.
- Ability to work and interact effectively at senior management level in the delivery of the strategic objectives for the organisation.
- Ability to develop and contribute to national sectoral strategy.
- Strategy development, implementation, measurement and evaluation.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, influencing, negotiation and collaborating skills
- 8+ years’ experience operating at senior level in a client management and strategic planning role.
- Large budget and project management experience
Skills & Capabilities –
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, provide leadership and direction to staff while fostering a positive and motivational working environment.
- Language skills advantageous
- Ability to develop and lead the Sectors team to ensure it possesses the required competencies and motivation to deliver the key priorities of Bord Bia
Closing Date/Time: Friday, 28 January 2022 @ 5:00pm (GMT/UTC)